The problem with lice has affected millions of people from all over the world. It is because the reproduction of lice is fast and infecting other people is also very simple. Though there are a lot of treatments that you can try at home, the hope that you can totally get rid of them is still unsure. Even if you have removed your lice, a member of a family or a friend with head lice can transfer it again to you thus bringing you back to your nightmare.
When to Call An Expert to Get Rid Of Head Lice
It is common especially for kids to suffer from lice infestation. With all the remedies that you can try at home, you cannot still say that you have removed your head lice 100 percent. So, to help you take control of the situation if you can’t end it up, you can simply follow these guidelines given by the experts.
- Once you notice head lice on your child’s head, you have to treat it right away before they start multiplying.
- If ever that you lived with a person who has head lice, then you might need to check yourself because getting infected with head lice is very simple.
- If you are sharing a bed with a person with head lice, then you also need to acquire the treatments.
There are different methods and over-the-counter products that could heal in dealing with lice infestation. On the other hand, if you have already done all of the treatments but still there is no improvement, then maybe it is about time for you to get help from the experts. If the problem continuously reoccurs, you have to get effective remedies from a doctor. He can suggest you better ways to control the infestation and examine why the problem keeps coming back.
They say that old ways are better than the chemical based treatments so you can simply consider the following.
- Make use of essential oils to suffocate head lice such as tea tree oil, ylang-ylang oil, coconut oil, and anise oil.
- Comb your hair while it is still wet and make sure to use a fine-tooth comb. You can do this twice a week for several times.
- Smothering products like petroleum jelly, margarine, and mayonnaise can also be used to get rid of head lice. You need apply it on your hair, cover it, and then left it overnight.
Head lice is never a sign of having a poor hygiene. There are times that no matter how you keep yourself clean, talking with someone who has head lice might possible be a reason for you to get infected.